Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Teens Dealing with Stress

  One main issue I’ve experienced massively as a teen is stress. I am a junior,
I have a job, school, Sno-isle, and packet class on top of it all. I struggle with finding
time to go out and have fun with friends and keep balance of things I need todo and things I want to do. It’s hard when you set goals for yourself and yourmotivated to do accomplish that goal because at this age there is always somethingin the way, that sets you back, whether it’s financial reasons, family, or evenjust not knowing what the next step you need to take is. I know that I’d liketo go to college, but my family doesn’t have the extra funds, and there’s noway that I could afford college and all other necessities on a minimum wagesalary. Knowing that, the step I had to take was to get a job, and I startedsaving. It’s not easy, but I know college is something I really want.
move forward when there’s nobody there to help and support you along the way. I
think that may be one reason teens often get depressed; they lose the support
and motivation from family so they no longer want it for themselves. Then they
begin failing knowing that’s only gonna make it worse. Soon enough they result
to drugs and alcohol to ignore the depression and stress.
            Another major issue I have noticed in our community is that a lot of teens
have lack of support and structure at home. That makes it hard for them to want
to do well in school because they have no one telling them that they need to. It’s hard to
-kenna Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!!

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!! There is a long list of unique, life-long lessons that are yours foreve...

Search This Blog