Thursday, October 3, 2019

Xavier Swanson


At the beginning of summer I asked if I could move to Granite Falls and live with my dad. I moved around a couple of times but Sedro was my home for the longest time. Since my parents got divorced in 7th grade, it seems like Sedro has been getting less and less welcoming and more and more estranged. 7th grade to 10th grade was very dark time for me, often times there were days where it felt like I wouldn’t see tomorrow, but after moving to Granite during the summer I can say for a certainty that I haven’t been this happy and productive in a very long time.
Often times I focus on the negative things and my life will seem hellish, but in reality my life is balanced. I’ve got some good and some bad but who doesn’t? Life is what you make it and if you make it bad then guess what it’ll stay bad. A balance between realism and optimism is the only way to live, pessimism takes control over your thought process and senses so you only experience bad.

I don’t have any biological siblings anymore but I am a proud older brother to 5 step-siblings and I have one older step sister. I have 3 step siblings at my dads house, 2 that switch from my moms house to their other moms house, and one in Alaska(if you couldn’t tell my family situation is nice and complicated). My younger and more dramatic siblings live with my dad: there's Kennedy who is the youngest at 5 years old, and she is the cutest goddamn thing on the planet she just melts my heart everyday. There’s Kara; 8 years old and tries to act like a 14 year old, she’s super head strong and just like her mom. Kaden who’s 14 and the most sarcastic kid I have ever met this guy is really smart, whitty, and clever in all the right ways.

The two that sometimes live with my mom and the one that lives in Alaska are by far the ones I have the closest relationship with, they were with me right after my real brother died and they mean a lot to me. There’s Johni who’s 12 and is very wise for someone her age(no that is not a typo her name is Johni), she grew up on the rez and was taught by the reservation elders about shamanism and communicating with the dead, she’s unlike any 12 year old I’ve met. Lily is 14 years old and she’s a hoodlum just like her older brother, but is also extremely musically talented and one of the kindest souls I’ve ever met.

Then last but not least is CC, who originally lived in Alaska then she moved to Washington cause her guardian wanted to move down here to be with her boyfriend family but then was forced to come back to Alaska by order of OCS. She’s 17 years old and she is super caring towards her family and loved ones, just like me would do just about anything for her family.
Hobby wise I have all the teenage cliches: listening to music, scrolling through social media aimlessly, and walking around town but the one thing I am very passionate abouT is being with family. If you’re someone I care about I will fight for you and do everything in my power to make sure that you are safe. Being a protective big brother is something I take very seriously.

During the week after school I usually spend my time either lounging or working. I got my first job at 10 years old at my grandmothers's pet shop and I worked there for 6 years. Since then I love putting in as many hours as I can so I can get the most out of my job, plus those nice big paychecks. Weekends are my days of rest and freedom, sleeping in and doing whatever I want  is priority number one. Besides being very passionate about being a family man I do love me some freedom. I take very serious pride in being independent and being unrestricted because the land of the free really isn’t that free so doing things my way and doing what I want when I want is very important to me. Because if you aren’t free you're not experiencing life to the fullest, and if you don’t live life to the fullest then what’s the point?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!!

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!! There is a long list of unique, life-long lessons that are yours foreve...

Search This Blog