Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Riley McGlothen

My name is Riley McGlothlen, I’ve lived in Lake Stevens all my life. I had a good and relatively easy upbringing with just enough structure and authority to make me who I am now. I’ve always held myself to the highest standards I can handle, making my goal in early high school to excel in architecture, physics and advanced mathematics. It wasn for me though, so I began focusing on a career in history in higher education, and now I'm focusing on a career in culinary. I enjoy listening to all kinds of music, cooking new kinds of food, and going out on therapeutic walks. During the summer I would be out for hours at a time, sometimes getting home as late as four in the morning. I took the time to think about how my life was going, how my situation was, how I could improve. I’ve made a lot of decisions this way, it’s what lead me back to crossroads and helped me with my relationship.

Recently I’ve become engaged with my girlfriend of nearing 2 years, and I’m the happiest I could be. It puts things into perspective and gives me a clear goal in mind, why I want to complete high school and get a well paying job that I’m happy with. And for now, I’m working to be the best version of me I could be, by working on my health and education, while enjoying my hobbies. I’m practicing my cooking, testing different styles and cultures of culinary that I would consider taking a career in. I would love to begin learning motorsports, like jetskiing and going on track days with a motorcycle. I’d like to finish out the year strong, to graduate with my peers and be ready to move on from school into the working world.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the engagement! - Terran Freeman

    ReplyDelete

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!!

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!! There is a long list of unique, life-long lessons that are yours foreve...

Search This Blog