Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Julie Stark

My Crossroads spotlight goes to Ms. Stark. She’s inspired me since the day I started Crossroads and has motivated and pushed me to be my best ever since. I met Ms. stark the beginning of my Sophomore year, she was my brother’s favorite teacher. Before I started he told me to make sure I get Ms. Stark. The day I met her I understood why he loved being her student; she’s the perfect influence and will never fail to make you laugh. She never fails to keep me on track and does everything in her power to make sure I have what I need to succeed. Ms. Stark always has a smile on her face and a positive outlook on everything. She’s honest and will help you be the best you in any situation.


Not only is Ms. Stark a good person, but a great teacher as well. I have loved every class I’ve had with her; she’s so passionate with her teaching that you can feel it. Her words get you excited about the topic. I’ve taken things away from every class I’ve had of hers. I am working on my future goals, and I already am using the things that she taught me in her class. In entrepreneurship she taught us how to be a leader, how to be responsible, and how to give back to those in our community. She takes things beyond the classroom and applies them to the world. She shows us that we can make a difference beyond ourselves.

I have also taken Financial fitness from her, and this class is my favorite because we learn real life lessons that we will need to know after we graduate understand. She teaches us how to save money and how to choose the more responsible choices. These are math skills that we will use in our lives forever. Everyone learns math her class because she makes sure we all understand. I think Ms. stark chose to be a teacher so she could shine some light on us students and show us how to improve and be the best we can, but more importantly so we can know that we’re not alone. I think she chose to teach CTE classes to give students knowledge on the real life things we will need to know after high school; to me that’s really important. I feel every high school should not only teach the standard curriculum but also all the real life things everybody needs to know how to do such as saving money, writing checks, and doing taxes. I am grateful to have Ms. Stark as a teacher and to have learned so much valuable things from her.
-Kenna Watts


No comments:

Post a Comment

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!!

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!! There is a long list of unique, life-long lessons that are yours foreve...

Search This Blog