Monday, September 16, 2019

About Mrs. Roberts

Five years ago in December a job posting for an English teacher at Crossroads became available. I had been subbing, but I hadn't taught in an official teaching position yet. After a little convincing from Mrs. Orr, I applied for the job. I won't say that being a new teacher at this school was easy, but I will say that the students grabbed my heart instantly. To work in a school where the students matter more than grades was exactly the reason I became a teacher.

As for me, my life is probably considered boring to a lot of people. I don't have a ton of crazy hobbies, but what I do have brings me complete happiness. What I have is 3 beautiful, I mean handsome, boys. They are my life.

My oldest is ten years old and scares me with his need for speed. He dirt bikes with his dad and there is no way I could dream of keeping up with him. He also has a big heart and a strong desire to be his best self.

My second child, a true middle child, is often called squirrely. He might be quiet, but he is busy. He loves animals, science, and learning about random things. He gets a little distracted sometimes...like his mama.

My baby is crazy. He is wild. He runs. He yells. He is the boss of the entire family. His favorite thing to do is pretend to be a Power Ranger.

As for hobbies, I would love to tell you I do a bunch of crazy, exciting things, but I am fairly average. I enjoy being a mom. I am a mom to my students during the day and a mom to my boys the rest of the time. My family spends our summers boating, tubing, lounging in the sun, and going on mini vacations.

During the school year and week, I watch Netflix, eat a bunch of unhealthy food, and typically spend my evenings lounging and being lazy. My weekends are typically spent visiting a new quaint town and trying out new restaurants. I also love, love holidays! If you happened to drive by my house, you would see it decked out in scary Halloween decor or a ridiculous amount of Christmas lights. It makes me SO happy to be festive!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!!

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!! There is a long list of unique, life-long lessons that are yours foreve...

Search This Blog