Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Paige Stout



                    When I was younger, playing sports at school was the best. As I got older, the drama began to interfere with my life which affected my ability to play.  I played volleyball for nine years, mostly boys and girls club, and I wrestled on the boys wrestling team for one year.  Obviously volleyball is my number one sport, but I will never forget wrestling. I won 12 matches and only lost 2 and even competed on some varsities! 
            My boyfriend has been skateboarding for a really long time, and it got me to dabble with it for a few years.  Now we both really enjoy adventuring to new skate parks on our free time. Lastly, I have always been a naturally good artist and have enjoyed it all my life, which I probably get from my dad.
           

 My name is Paige Stout, I'm 18-years old. My birthday is December 27th, 1999; same day as my dad's! Although I don't live with my dad, I'm totally okay with it. I've always been very close to my grandparents and mom and have lived with them a lot of my life; always in Arlington where the rest of my small family lives. I have two older sisters who I don't live with and never really have as we all have different dads.  My sister Lora, 26, who is younger of the two is pregnant and about to have my second niece, and I couldn't be more excited!  Right now, I'm currently living with my mom and the love of my life who I have been with for about seven months now, but we've known each other for 5 years!



I started Crossroads my junior year during my second semester. One day my best friend and I, sitting at lunch in Arlington High School, decided to fill out an out-of-transfer packet by ourselves to go to Crossroads. Her sister had mentioned to us before many times that it was a great school. She had been enrolled in open doors and also went to school there before, saying all the teachers were very helpful.  Trusting her, I enrolled at Crossroads, and loved it from the very beginning. From the welcoming students, to the funny teachers, to the good vibes, I started to see hope in graduating. After some time, I sadly got back into my old habits, but I did not want to leave Crossroads! That's when I got introduced to Open Doors which sounded like a perfect fit for me. And so far, it's been working so we will see how it goes from here.
-Paige Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!!

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!! There is a long list of unique, life-long lessons that are yours foreve...

Search This Blog