Saturday, October 21, 2017

How do you tell your parents that you’re pregnant?



Telling your parents that you’re pregnant is going to be rough, no matter how you do it. You should make sure you have gathered your thoughts. First, you should tell them that you need to talk to them and then wait for them to sit down. I would also suggest you bring a trusted adult if you think that things will get out of hand with your parents. When you’re ready, tell them very bluntly. For example, say “ I’m pregnant” and wait for them to ask questions. They could either be calm or angry. You won’t know what will happen until you tell them, but the longer you wait, the more likely that they’ll be more upset.

The way that my parents found out is nothing like how you should tell them. How my parents found out is down below.

Well it will definitely be different for everyone; I personally didn't tell my dad. I was babysitting with my best friend Brianna and her dad came and picked us up to take me home. That's when I told him and Brianna that I needed to stay with them because I couldn't be at home anymore. My dad had messaged me while I was babysitting saying that he knew I was pregnant. He then sent me a screenshot of something that I had liked on Pinterest. I guess my uncle saw it and took a picture and then sent it to my dad. I told him, “yes, I am pregnant” and that I was on my way to get my stuff and leave. He had never really wanted me there to begin with. With me being pregnant and not getting an abortion I jus

t knew I had to leave. There was no way I was going to raise my baby in that kind of environment. So we got there, put all of my stuff into bags as fast as possible, and then left.

I was pretty overwhelmed and scared of what my dad might do, but he didn't do anything. He just didn't care. He said that I was ruining my life, and I would never finish school;  I determined to prove him wrong. My grades have already gotten a lot better since I transferred from the high school to Crossroads, and I'm doing a packet class to catch up on credits. Now if you're pregnant and need some support, I am always here to talk to you. Whatever you decide to do, I will support you! My daughter is now 3 months old and there is nothing or anyone that can replace her. She is my happiness. Teen parenting is hard, but it is very doable. Do what you want to do whether it's going to college or work, you can do it. It may take a little bit longer than most, but it is possible.

-Bryanna Daves

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!!

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!! There is a long list of unique, life-long lessons that are yours foreve...

Search This Blog