Friday, September 22, 2017

Vail Bates

Heya, my name is Vail! I’m 18 years old and a senior. I am a primarily creative based person. I love finding new  ways or routes to do things, and art is my favorite subject. Ever since I could shakily hold a crayon I’ve been doodling on whatever surface I could find. Some of those surfaces were cardboard and old envelopes, haha.
Nowadays, I find joy in a plethora of mediums. I like to paint, sculpt, draw, and design, it's my greatest joy in life. My goal is to become an animator or designer, it would be amazing to make a living off of what I love to do. As well as art, I also enjoy reading and writing, sometimes it's nice to just get sucked into another world. Others, it's nice to create one, and tell a new story.
         As for where I’m from? Well I consider myself as being ‘from’ Washington, but I was born in Reno Nevada. Growing up in washington has been an amazing opportunity, and I don’t think I would appreciate nature like I do if I had grown up in the state I was born in, which is renowned for its deserts arid environment.
         Growing up, my family didn’t have a lot of money, so we didn't do things that cost a lot. Instead, we would go on hikes and explore nature regularly, which was just as good as going to the theatres or anywhere else in my young mind.
         Nowadays, I live with some of my best friends. It's been a real gift, living with them. We support each other and it's a wonderful environment. They have a lot of pets as well, my personal favorite being Alice, the cat. Shes fluffy and small and likes to yowl until someone answers her. She also sits on my shoulder like a parrot, which is pretty entertaining.
         Anyways, thats me, toodles.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're living with your friends.- Terran Freeman

    ReplyDelete

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!!

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!! There is a long list of unique, life-long lessons that are yours foreve...

Search This Blog