Friday, September 22, 2017

Charlie Huepel

Hi my name is Charlie! I’ve moved around a little bit but I’ve been in Granite Falls for a little over a year now. I live with my mom Olivia, my step dad Darren, my partner Kota, and my friend Vail. I also have several pets. I have two wonderful huskies named Halo and Tesla, they’re the sweetest things you’ve ever met. I also have a rat named Chris Ratt (yes his name is a pun of Chris Pratt’s name). Lastly I have an albino hedgehog named Todd. He’s old and grumpy but when you get to know him he’s a sweetheart.  
These are my dogs! Halo (left) and Tesla (right). It’s kind of an old picture but it’s impossible to get them to sit long enough to get them in the picture.

My tiny little family is very important me because most of my family doesn’t talk to me anymore and my patched together family loves and supports each other in ways I’ve never experienced before. We might not be a traditional family and we’ve only lived together for a little over two years but I’ve appreciated everything they have done for me a whole lot.

.
My partner Kota (left) and me (right) over the summer.


In my spare time I love to make art and play music. I suffer from several mental illnesses and art and music are a good, healthy outlet for me. Channeling all my emotions though these things helps me get out the things in my head in a constructive way rather than destructively.

I am a very caring person and I have love in my heart for every living creature, human or not. I am a Buddhist and I believe that every living thing has equal value to each other and that all life should be protected, which happens to be why I am a vegetarian. Some people think that since I am a vegetarian that means I’m judgemental but that couldn’t be farther from the truth. I believe that every person has the right to decide what happens to their body and what the consume, I just choose not to eat meat.

Overall my life isn’t perfect. Things are hard but I’m doing the best I can. I struggle daily but as long as I have the supportive people and love that I currently have I’ll do alright.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to your living situation in a way because I live with my bestfriend and her family and it's a lot better than some other living situations for me. -Jordan Trussell

    ReplyDelete

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!!

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!! There is a long list of unique, life-long lessons that are yours foreve...

Search This Blog