Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Dead of Night; Dead of Winter













In the cold dead night 
The moon shrouded in grey shining yellow 
The frost and the fog trap the state in a void of cold 
But I can't feel it 
I can’t feel anything 
Can’t feel the cold touching me 
Can’t feel the sorrow of June 
Can’t feel the winter blues 
Can’t feel the happiness of my family 
Nothing 
Silence 
Nobody out here in this hell 
I can feel the lost souls roam 
I feel their presence around me 
Looking For answers 
For truth 
For everything that was 
Everything that is 
Everything that will be 
See the stars illuminate this tundra of pain and confusion 
See the street lights mark the path of the pilgrimage 
See the never ending roads carve this beautiful land into sections 
See mans creations destroy our past 
My family is asleep 
And long to join them 

But how can I sleep when lost souls need a way home?
-Xavier Swanson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!!

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!! There is a long list of unique, life-long lessons that are yours foreve...

Search This Blog