Thursday, October 17, 2019

My niece Sydnee

I remember going to the walk-in clinic because my sister had an awful sunburn and was sick only to find out that she was pregnant. We were so excited to tell everyone the big news. Watching a mother go through her pregnancy and birth is a beautiful thing. Women work so hard to bring new life into this world every day. I was lucky enough to witness that beauty myself. My sister Hannah went through nine hard months of pregnancy. From growing and being self conscious, to morning sickness and to being sore every day of her pregnancy. I was at school when my mom called to tell me she was coming to get me to go to the hospital cause my sister had gone into labor. She picked me up and we rushed to the hospital. We sat in the room for a while until they told us she wasn’t dilated enough and needed to start walking around. We walked around the hospital garden together while doing squats and taking deep breaths. I jokingly said it would be funny if she went back eight centimeters dilated instead of four. Sure enough we got back to the room and she was 7.4 centimeters. My mind was blown over how much walking helps with childbirth. Hannah went on going back and forth between the bed and the shower trying to get her water to break. Eventually they had to break it manually. She went almost her entire birthing experience with no epidural but unfortunately she had to get one or there would've been problems. After the epidural she took a break and then sure enough it was time. Sydnee was born on the night of February 25th 2019. A beautiful experience and one I will never forget.
-Laura Grissom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!!

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!! There is a long list of unique, life-long lessons that are yours foreve...

Search This Blog