Wednesday, March 27, 2019

The Words


The words
tranny
sharpied onto my forehead
like a hot burning brand.
I was the cow.
I was the meat
sent to slaughter.
I was the milk
that was stolen.
I was the meal
on the table.
My peers were the butchers
and school was my slaughter house.
Shredded muscle,
torn out eyes,
a last moo on my lips
and handfuls of hamburger in my grasp.
They don’t think I’m human.
Questions that puncture my organs,
rip out my kidneys
and burst my eardrums are thrown at me.
Slices of meat
slide off my ribs
and onto their plates,
fake smiles
and politeness as they eat me,
fresh blood on their mouths.
Maybe this is why it’s called bullying,
because the victims aren’t even considered human.
They consider me a cow,
a coward
who's obviously
A woman.
-Jude Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!!

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!! There is a long list of unique, life-long lessons that are yours foreve...

Search This Blog