Monday, January 22, 2018

A Day I will Remember

A day I will always remember was the day my grandpa broke my heart into a million pieces and didn’t respect my grief in any way, shape, or form. My grandma Denise passed away a few weeks before thanksgiving of 2015. She died from a bad mix of pills. Her older brother gave her some pills to help her with some medical issues that she was having knowing that it wouldn’t mix well with her everyday medicine for depression and anxiety. Denise only asked for the pills because she was too scared to actually just go in to the doctor’s office. Her brother later on found out that she passed, and he admitted to giving her the pills knowing that it would most likely kill her. I am so angry!  I hope that he has the worst karma for the rest of his life. She was the most sweet, loving, caring, respectful, understanding, and amazing women. She always listened to me when I needed to talk, and she was always there for me. It broke my heart when she passed away.
 I remember when my dad told me that she died. Right after he said it my legs turned to jell-o. I fell to the floor crying and yelling. A couple weeks later my grandpa called and told me that he was going to come up for Thanksgiving so we could all grieve about grandma as a family. Thanksgiving Day came along and he knocked on the door around 11 in the morning. I opened the door and I instantly was angry. He introduced me to this old wrinkly women that was standing next to him. His exact words were, “I’d like you to meet Patricia, my current girlfriend.” I immediately went and told everyone that he brought his new girlfriend before he got to them. They were all astonished. I couldn’t believe that my grandpa could be so cruel and mean. I was expecting just my grandpa so we could grieve but instead he brought a new girlfriend. I ended up staying in my bedroom the entire time he was there. Later on, when dinner was done, he asked me why I wasn’t downstairs with the family and I just said that it was because I wasn’t in a good mood. I didn’t talk to my grandpa for about a year after that happened and it really sucks. I never really told him about how I felt about her but it doesn’t matter because a few months after that thanksgiving he married her.


-Bryanna Daves

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!!

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!! There is a long list of unique, life-long lessons that are yours foreve...

Search This Blog