Saturday, June 17, 2017

Ms. Heather Roberts

This post is all about me! The teacher! I came to Crossroads almost three years ago completely out of my element. I didn't know what to expect from an alternative school. I remember walking into the school and looking around the walls surprised at how normal it all felt. Then I stepped into the classroom wide-eyed and a little scared, but these students were welcoming with big hearts and stories to tell. So it shouldn't shock anyone that I applied for a job immediately to teach here, and with a little push from Mrs. Orr, Bridgette decided to hire me.

Now a little more about me beyond the classroom.

I have three boys. Three. Sometimes my students wonder why I have so many children for my age, and I mutter under my breath that I wish I could have more. They think I am crazy, and maybe I am, but I love being a mom. It is a huge reason why I became a teacher; I could give more love and guidance to children in this world.


My family is my everything, and they give me strength when work is stressful or when I am feeling down. There are days when the comfort of my sheets and bedspread wrapped around me make it hard to crawl out of bed and get to work. I am human after all. Then three little boys climb into bed next to me, and I am rejuvenated. Love is my reason to live. My children are love.

I am a daredevil. This always surprises my students since I am tender-hearted, and as they say, "sensitive," but I am a huge adrenaline junkie. It doesn't matter what the extreme sport is, I won't ever turn down a challenge that gets my blood pumping. Snowboarding, wake boarding, bridge jumping, jet skiing, boating, and bungie jumping are a few of my favorite things.

Other things I enjoy doing are traveling with my family, reading, eating, and taking naps.


1 comment:

  1. Dear Bloggers,

    Very cool that you guys got your autobiographies and pics. published. Some writers wait years to get published and you guys got 'er dun in a few weeks! Congrats!

    One common thread in many of the bio's are your pets and animals. I could not imagine growing up without my faithful Sancho and Ernie dogs. I grew up in a tight knit neighborhood; we all knew each other, no fences, and all the "hood dogs" are as much a part of my story as my friends and family.

    Due to the target rich environment of our off leash dogs, the county Dog Catcher was a frequent visitor to our cul de sac and we hated him, his truck, and that long noose. One day, he zoomed down the neighbor's long, winding, rock walled driveway chasing Charlie, the Elmore's mixmixmixmixed breed mutt. Of course we sheltered Charlie and empty handed the Dog Catcher tried to back out the driveway, but scraped the __it out of his truck on the rock wall. Standing on the lawn, we cheered and dissed that 'foo until he cried and he drove away in shame. It was one of the greatest days of my life.

    Tom "The Dog Boy" Ma'Lack

    ReplyDelete

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!!

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!! There is a long list of unique, life-long lessons that are yours foreve...

Search This Blog