Thursday, March 1, 2018

Alexandria Chavez


Hi, my name is Alexandria Chavez. I am a Junior at Crossroads High school before I was attending Granite Falls High school but switched over to get the extra help that I needed. I was at first home schooled till about 6th grade. I was home schooled because I couldn't handle being in a public school. I had really bad anxiety, I missed so much school. I would throw up all the time, even just being at home. So my mom decided to pull me out and home school me. I lived in Lake Stevens until was five when my baby sister was born Then we moved to Granite Falls so I’ve lived here for 11 years. I have six siblings, two brothers and four sisters. Another addition to my family is my three dogs and a fish. When I was younger, we had bunnies but they always got eaten so we stopped having bunnies. We had cats but they always ran away. Which was okay with me because I hate cats. Growing up was normal for me, I grew up in a Christian home. It’s a very important thing to people in my family. I do believe there is a God, but it's something that I’ve always struggled with.  

I play Basketball for the Granite Falls high school. I've been playing basketball since
third grade with the same group of girls. I trained for about a year-and-a-half with a training program directed by Steven Hume who is now like a father to me. I was going to transfer to Grace Academy in Marysville because they wanted me to play for them, but I never did because it was to much money for my parents. I didn’t want to leave my team I've been playing with my whole basketball career. I tried Softball, but that was too slow for me, so I didn’t play again after my first year. I also enjoy being outside, hikes and going on road trips during the summer.

 My plans after high school aren't completely clear to me. I will probably go to college for a business degree but after that I'm not sure, and I’m not too worried. I will definitely move out of Granite one day, maybe move somewhere warm like California. I really just want to work and travel the world, just taking life one day at a time though.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!!

Graduating Crossroads and Open Doors Seniors in the Class of 2020!! There is a long list of unique, life-long lessons that are yours foreve...

Search This Blog